- Taiwan In Cycles does not receive sponsorship for reviews or product placement.
- If Taiwan In Cycles receives a free sample of a product or service for review, the terms will be publicized on this site.
- Taiwan In Cycles is a non-profit and private blog.
- Taiwan In Cycles is happy to highlight only those deserving of free exposure.
- All opinions are entirely my own.
Taiwanese Couple Cycles The World for
Taiwan… er… ROC… er… Whatever We Are…
Taoyuan, Taiwan April 7 (CNA) A Taiwanese couple are embarking on a cycling trip that would take them to four continents in 30 months to promote the centenary of the Republic of China (Taiwan), as well as environmental awareness awareness and Taiwanese products.
He thought the year 2010 would be a good time to make the trip because preparations are beginning this year to celebrate the ROC’s centenary next year and cycling is a good way to promote awareness of climate change and alternative energy.
Yen and Lin said they would like to dedicate the trip to the Republic of China (Taiwan) , which was established in 1911, as a birthday present to the country.
With a budget of around NT$2 million (approximately US$63,400) , Lin said, the trip would not be possible without the sponsorship of several local bicycle companies, which provided them with bicycles priced at NT$200,000 each, and the assistance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which asked Taiwan’s foreign offices to provide help.
A certified historical sites guide in Taiwan, Lin said he believes that he will be able to share Taiwan’s stories with foreigners and “show Taiwan to the world” during his trip.
“And about 90 percent of our equipment are Taiwan-made. We would like to tell people these products are very well-made in Taiwan, ” he said.
Update: Here is an alternative article by the Taiwan-centered Liberty Times.