Bikeman just posted a fantastic video of last weekend’s Wuling Challenge. For those who don’t already know, the Wuling Challenge is a ride to the 3275m summit of the Central Cross Island Highway. The final 7km are brutal. Kudos to all those who joined and moreover to those who finished. I was hoping to be there this year, but alas, it was not to be. Lots of bike action this past weekend.
Taiwan Biking Links:
- The World Is Not That Big documents his cycling trip through eastern Taiwan. Some lovely pictures.
- Hiking Taiwan has temporarily hung up his boots for a bicycle. Check out his trip to Maokong.
- Crazy Guy on a Bike details his difficult ride up to Smangus. Aside from being a simple cycling destination, Smangus has also recently been at the center of a clash between indigenous rights and state power as documented by David Reid, a Taiwan based scholar.
- SUN-E has some great pics from the Da Xue Shan event that was also held this past weekend. Team Neko was there as well.
- And one from OZ on the three-seater MILF bike (and no… not the Moro Islamic Liberation Front).
- Dublin gets into Bike Sharing.
- Mike Joos illustrates my dreams. Wookie Bicycles!!!
- Golden State threatens to shower tickets on speedy commuters across the Golden Gate (Say that ten times fast).
- El Diablo, the crimson colored caricature from Germany who found fame in prodding Tour de France riders up the highest peaks with his pitchfork, has crafted a rickshaw in honor of the royal wedding. Prince Philip was overheard commenting that it was the most welcome gift from Germany since the Blitz and since a gaffe-prone Consort from the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg joined the House of
Saxe-Coburg and Gotha… er… Windsor.